Help us design the new Robb Wash Greenway. Currently, this project is not funded.
Robb Wash is a natural drainageway located within the City of Tucson, Arizona. It headwaters near the intersection of Houghton Road and Old Spanish Trail and flows northwest until it joins the Tanque Verde Wash. This Robb Wash Greenway Master Plan addresses a portion of the overall wash corridor from just south of Broadway Road near Jesse Owens Park to the Tanque Verde Wash, a distance of approximately 2.5 miles. The concept of a multi-use linear park or greenway along this stretch of the Robb Wash is mentioned in the 2010 Pima Regional System Trails Master Plan (PRSTMP).
There is currently no existing funding to complete this project, however, a master plan will serve as a tool to help find funding.
The Master Plan will ultimately develop a conceptual layout for the Robb Wash Greenway along the entire proposed alignment. The concept design will also provide the following information:
- Locations for points of access/trailheads
- Critical linkages to adjacent schools
- Critical linkages to the greater community
- At-grade crossing evaluations for:
- Broadway Boulevard
- 5th Street
- Speedway Boulevard
- Pima Street
- Wrightstown Road
- “Bicycle refuge” concepts for each intersection listed above to allow a safe haven while bicyclists are preparing to cross the intersection
- Connection strategies to the future Tanque Verde River Path
The Robb Wash Greenway Master Plan will also develop design guidelines for the following features along the corridor:
- Typical pathway sections
- Site amenities
- Sustainable practices
- Cultural and historic interpretation
Click HERE for an overview of the plan.
Click HERE for a detailed look at the alignment.
A survey is currently open to provide your feedback on the plan for the Robb Wash Greenway. Tell us what you think! The survey will close on Sunday, Aug. 29 at 11:45 p.m.
Watch the virtual meeting held Aug. 17, 2021, to learn more about the project!