DV Mentor Court Info
Thank you for your interest in Tucson City Court’s Domestic Violence Mentor Court Program. DV Court is designed to increase victim safety, increase access for victims to services, and to hold offenders accountable. To that end, and with technical assistance from the Office of Violence Against Women, the Center for Court Innovation, the National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges, and DeafHope, we have developed many policies and procedures that we can share:
- Initial Appearance procedures and forms
- DV Arraignments procedures and forms
- DV plea proceedings, forms and protocols
- DV probation review hearings: unsupervised, monitored and supervised probation cases, forms, protocols and procedures
- Judge and DV Court Coordinator – training and discussion about the projects
- Independent Victim advocates and Victim Services Agency - roles, procedures, practices
- Prosecutors - roles, procedures, practices
- Public Defenders - roles, procedures, practices
- Adult Probation officers - roles, procedures, practices ; protocols on DV treatment program approval.
- DV Treatment Providers - roles, procedures, practices
In addition to the operation of DV Court, we also have conducted extensive outreach, training and cross-training in order to improve Court and victim services to the Deaf community - an underserved population.
We are able to consult on this project, offer trainings and procedures we have developed, including language access ideas, training on culture for all the partners, including our police department, and provide access to our project through our partners Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse and Community Outreach Program for the Deaf.
We are able to send members of our project to your community to train and consult, we are able to host you here at City Court (you must pay your own expenses) or we can simply conduct phone call or video meetings with you on your specific topic of interest.
We also have forms we can share.
Please let us know what you are interested in and we are happy to help!
Email us at: TucsonCityDVMentorCourt@courts.az.gov