The City of Tucson, in conjunction with the Regional Transportation Authority (RTA), is improving Sabino Canyon Road from just south of Tanque Verde Road to Kolb Road.
The improvements include a four-lane roadway with bike lanes and sidewalks extending Sabino Canyon Road south from its intersection with Tanque Verde Road to connect with Kolb Road approximately one-third mile north of Speedway Boulevard, new signals at both the Sabino Canyon Road intersections with Kolb Road and Crestline Drive, sound walls where warranted, bridges across Vincent Mullins Landfill and the Pantano Wash, drainage improvements, landscaping and public art. In addition, LED street lighting for driver safety and neighborhood security will be included.
Construction began in December 2015 and will take approximately 15 months to complete. The Tucson-based Ashton Company was selected as contractor for the project with a low bid of approximately $12.3 million.
This project is part of the $2.1 billion, 20-year RTA plan that was approved by voters in May 2006.
Construction Photos and Videos
- Kolb Construction Video - August 10, 2016
- Kolb Construction Video - March 30, 2016
- Kolb Construction Video - February 29, 2016
- Kolb Construction Photos - July 2016
- Kolb Construction Photos - June 2016
- Kolb Construction Photos - May 2016
- Kolb Construction Photos - March 2016
- Kolb Construction Photos - February 2016
- October 2016 project update
- August 2016 project update
- July 2016 project update
- June 2016 project update
- May 2016 project update
- April 2016 FAQs
- April 2016 FactSheet
- Sabino Extension Right of Way / Bridge Map
- Artist's Rendition of Sabino Canyon Connection (PPT)