On Wednesday, March 30, 2016, the Tucson Department of Transportation (TDOT) will be inspecting storm drain culverts in conjunction with the Grant Road Improvement Project. The traveling public should expect the following traffic impacts:
- Belvedere Avenue at Grant Road will be CLOSED from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Motorists, pedestrians and bicyclists can access Grant Road via Ralph Avenue.
On Thursday, March 31, 2016, TDOT will work at the intersection of Ralph Avenue and Grant Road. The traveling public should expect the following impacts:
- Ralph Avenue at Grant Road will be CLOSED from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Motorists, pedestrians and bicyclists can access Grant Road via Belvedere Avenue.
On Thursday, March 31, 2016, the designated bike lane along northbound Columbus Boulevard south of Grant Road will be closed.
- This closure is scheduled to occur from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The northbound travel lane of Columbus Boulevard will be open and cyclists are permitted to use this lane for travel.
The traveling public can expect delays when driving, bicycling or walking in this work area. Please obey all traffic control signs and watch for construction personnel and equipment in the work zone.
This is a project of the Regional Transportation Authority. The voter-approved, $2.1 billion RTA plan will be implemented through 2026. The multimodal plan, nearly halfway through implementation, includes roadway, safety, transit, environmental and economic vitality improvements. For more information on this project, contact Public Information Officer Mike Graham at (520) 837-6686. For more information on the RTA Plan, visit http://www.rtamobility.com/