PLANNING UPDATE AND PUBLIC OPEN HOUSE APRIL 23 FOR BROADWAY – EUCLID TO COUNTRY CLUB IMPROVEMENT PROJECT
The City of Tucson invites the public to attend a Planning Update and Public Open House for the Broadway – Euclid Avenue to Country Club Road Improvement Project on Thursday, April 23, at Sabbar Shrine Hall, 450 S. Tucson Blvd.
The open house will take place between 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Please stop by anytime during the 2-hour event to:
- Review displays of the six-lane including transit baseline alignment and design recommendations unanimously approved in concept by the Broadway Citizens Task Force (CTF) on March 26, 2015.
- Ask questions and provide feedback to CTF members, project team and City staff.
- Learn about project schedule, design milestones and next steps.
This project is a Regional Transportation Authority Plan roadway improvement managed by the City of Tucson that will widen Broadway from Euclid Avenue to Country Club Road to a 6-lane arterial, with bike lanes, sidewalks and with bus pullouts where appropriate. Construction is not anticipated to begin until 2018.
Important next steps following the Open House:
- April 30, 2015 – CTF members will review feedback from the Open House and finalize recommendation materials for the Tucson Mayor and Council.
- June 9, 2015 – Anticipated date that the Mayor and Council will consider adoption of the baseline alignment and design recommendations. Adoption of an alignment will require an amendment to the City of Tucson Major Streets & Routes (MS&R) Plan. More information about the purpose of the MS&R and the amendment process will be provided at the Open House.
- Summer/Fall 2015
- CTF and project team work and hold meetings to complete the Design Concept Report to be approved by the Mayor and Council.
- Real estate acquisition planning activities get underway.
- Technical design on roadway continues.
For more information about the Broadway, Euclid Avenue to Country Club Road project, please visit the project on the web at https://www.tucsonaz.gov/broadway or call the info line at 622-0815.