Downtown Links Constructors (DLC), under contract with the City of Tucson Transportation Department, continue pre-construction field activities which are scheduled to continue through the end of December 2019. The traveling public will see equipment, work crews and short-term traffic control during this phase of work which includes; surface, subsurface, geotechnical, environmental and survey verifications. The traveling public should anticipate the following traffic closures:
- Wednesday, December 4, from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., northbound Stone Avenue, at the intersection of Fifth Street, will be reduced to one through-travel lane. All turn movements will be maintained.
- Wednesday, December 4, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., southbound Stone Avenue, at the intersection of Fifth Street, will be reduced to one through-travel lane. All turn movements will be maintained.
- Thursday, December 5, from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. traffic along northbound Seventh Avenue, between Sixth Street and Seventh Street, will be shifted around the work area. Parking along the east side of Seventh Street will not be permitted. Turn movements at the intersections of Seventh Avenue/Sixth Street and Seventh Avenue/Seventh Street will be maintained.
- Friday, December 6, from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. northbound Ferro Avenue will be closed at Seventh Street. Southbound travel on Ferro Avenue will be permitted.
- Friday, December 6, from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. parking along the north side of Seventh Street, between Seventh and Ferro avenues will not be permitted.
Additional notifications will be sent prior to changes in traffic control during ongoing phases of the field activities. The schedule is subject to change due to inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances.
The Regional Transportation Authority is an independent taxing district with a mission to deliver multimodal transportation projects that improve our region’s mobility, safety and environment. The district’s voters approved the 20-year RTA plan in 2006. To date, the RTA has invested over $1.2 billion generated by the RTA’s half-cent excise tax within Pima County to improve your quality of life and support the region’s economic vitality. This project is managed by The City of Tucson. For more information, visit www.RTAmobility.com