Downtown Tucson will host the 25th Annual Parade of Lights on Saturday, November 30, 2019. The parade begins at 6:30 p.m. on Stone Avenue just south of Toole Avenue and proceeds south on Stone Avenue, turns east on Pennington Street to Sixth Avenue, continues north to Toole Avenue, then turns west and ends on Toole Avenue just east of Stone Avenue.
Attendees of the parade are encouraged to arrive early in order to avoid traffic detours necessary for the event. Please note that pedestrian and bicycle access is being maintained in and around road closures. The Sun Link streetcar will offer free rides all day during hours of operation in celebration of Small Business Saturday sponsored by Main Gate Square, Fourth Avenue Merchants Association, Downtown Tucson Partnership and the Mercado District. More information about the Parade of Lights may be found at: www.downtowntucson.org.
For the safety of the traveling public and pedestrians, the following streets will be closed from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m.:
- 9th Avenue from Sixth Street to Franklin Street
- Franklin Street from Ninth Avenue to Stone Avenue
Pennington Street from Church Avenue to Stone Avenue will be closed from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m.
The following streets will be closed from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.:
- Stone Avenue from Sixth Street to Congress Street
- Pennington Street from Stone Avenue to Sixth Avenue
- Sixth Avenue from Congress Street to Seventh Street
- Toole Avenue from Congress Street to Stone Avenue
- Alameda Street from Sixth Avenue to Main Library Garage Exit
- Council Street from Church Avenue to Stone Avenue
- Seventh Avenue from Seventh Street to Toole Avenue
Motorists driving in the area may experience traffic delays associated with this event, so please plan accordingly. The traveling public should use caution when driving, bicycling or walking in this area. Please watch for event participants, obey all traffic control, and watch for detour signs and personnel providing traffic control.