Beginning Monday, April 14, 2014 through Wednesday, April 16, 2014 Sun Link Streetcar staff will conduct controlled high speed streetcar testing from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. on University Boulevard between Fourth Avenue and Euclid Avenue.
For the safety of residents and the traveling public, the following restrictions will be in place during the testing process:
- University Boulevard will be closed from Fourth Avenue to Euclid Avenue.
- Parking will not be permitted along University Boulevard, between Fourth Avenue and Euclid Avenue. In coordination with ParkWise, permitted vehicles may be parked on the side street nearest the permit holder’s residence. Residents are encouraged to move their vehicle as early as possible on Monday evening, April 14.
- Side streets and alleys intersecting University Boulevard from Fourth Avenue to Euclid Avenue will be closed from 11 p.m. to 5.a.m.
- Intermittent vehicle, pedestrian and bicycle access across University Boulevard will be provided.
- Police officers will help direct traffic and pedestrians during this test.
This round of testing will complete the high speed testing phase for four of the eight streetcars. The remaining four streetcars will undergo high speed testing throughout the spring and summer months. The Sun Link team thanks you for your continued patience during the testing phase of the project.
Visit www.SunLinkStreetcar.com for more information about the project and streetcar testing. Streetcar Street-Smart Safety information for bicyclists, pedestrians and motorists - how-to videos, brochures, and tips - is also available online.
The Tucson Sun Link Streetcar is a project of the RTA and part of the voter-approved, $2.1 billion RTA plan that will be implemented through 2026. Details about the full plan are available at www.RTAmobility.com. The Sun Link project is co-managed by the City of Tucson and the RTA.