A. City of Tucson Road Project
There are (3) Active Practice Guidelines that must be followed for all City of Tucson Road Project:
C. Private Improvement Agreement (PIA)
- See Commercial Property Landscaping Information
- Private irrigation lines under public Roadways. This is an issue for many projects that have Common Areas (CA’s) . If you need to put private irrigation lines under the new public road then you must follow these requirements:
- Private irrigation facilities roadway crossings will only be permitted in residential roadways and NOT permitted in arterial or collector roadways.
- Lateral lines under constant pressure shall not be permitted in the public rights-of-way.
- The HOA will register private irrigation facilities placed in the public rights-of-way with Arizona 811and become an Arizona 811 Blue Stake Inc. member.
- Minimize the number of roadway crossings.
- Sleeves must be in a recorded easement (easement width is dependent on what is needed for installation and/or repairs). To the extent possible, the easements should be created at the time of development/platting.
- Irrigation lines shall be placed in ductile iron sleeves.
- HDPE continuous line (no joints under the pavement)
- Irrigation lines shall have a minimum of eighteen (30) inches of cover.
- Detectable marking tape shall be installed.
- Curb shall be marked/stamped with “IS” (Irrigation System) and/or placard at back of curb.
- Irrigation sleeve should extend beyond the ROW (into private property), unless otherwise approved by TDOT.