COVID-19 has impacted every aspect of our daily life, including transportation. As our response continues to evolve, we’re getting questions about transportation and using shared mobility - bike share and e-scooter share. We’re working with our partners to help people get to the places they need to go while minimizing the risk of spreading COVID-19.
NOTE: In these unprecedented times, information is changing rapidly. This page will be regularly updated with the latest information available.
STEPS WE’RE TAKING
BIKE SHARE | Tugo Bike Share is asking all customers to help stop the spread of COVID-19 by practicing physical distancing. Tugo is committed to keeping customers and staff safe and will continue operations to help support those who need to travel on an urgent basis. Tugo has taken the following actions to help protect the community:
- Free Monthly Pass - Tugo is offering a FREE monthly pass to help those who need to travel on an urgent basis. Learn more here.
- Community Business Spotlight - To support local businesses during this challenging time, Tugo invites you to nominate a Tucson establishment for the chance to award free annual memberships to their staff. Learn more here.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols to their routine bike and station checks. Handlebars and seats are being thoroughly cleaned, as well as station docking points, kiosk screens, credit card slots and receipt dispensers. Their team is regularly cleaning vans, facilities and any bikes that are in our warehouse before returning to the field.
- Educating the public on the best ways for them to minimize the risk of spreading COVID-19
- Closely monitoring and following updates on COVID-19, including guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the State of Arizona, and the Pima County Health Department.
E-SCOOTER SHARE | Bird has temporarily suspended e-scooter operations in Tucson. Razor is continuing operations and has taken the following actions to help protect the community:
- Providing FREE scooter trips for first responders, medical professionals, grocery store or pharmacy employees. Please take a photograph of your valid credentials and send along with your Razor account's phone number to email@example.com, with "Quarantine Professional Program" in the email subject.
- Disinfecting all high-touch scooter surfaces - especially those likely to come into hand contact with riders - during all maintenance activities or battery swaps (using cleaning products approved by the Environmental Protection Agency for use against the COVID-19 outbreak)
- Adopted a mandatory disinfection procedures for all field and maintenance personnel
- Adjusted sick-leave policies to encourage employee caution and safety
- Monitoring the recommendations from the CDC and other global health organizations, and will modify procedures and operating practices as appropriate
STEPS YOU CAN TAKE
- Disinfect the handlebars on a scooter or bike before and after a ride
- Wash your hands before and after a ride (or using hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Consider wearing gloves while riding
- Learn more about protecting yourself and minimizing the risk of spreading COVID-19: