Fares are waived on Sun Tran, Sun Link and Sun Van.
These changes are being waived until further notice.
Transit is an essential service and will remain available during this time. In an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19, the City of Tucson would ask the public to only use transit for essential services. When utilizing the service, please practice six (6) feet social distancing among passengers. Please keep in mind, loitering on public transit is prohibited.
Special Services Office (35 W. Alameda Street) – Closed to the Public
Effective immediately, the Special Services Office, serving all transit related customers, will be closed to the public through May 15 as a precaution to stop any possible spread of COVID-19 coronavirus. Clients will still be able to use the transit system and by adding credit to their SunGo card at the following places:
- Ronstadt Transit Center – 215 E. Congress Street, Tucson, AZ 85701 - Ticket Vending Machine
- Tohono Tadai Transit Center - 4540 N Stone Ave, Tucson, AZ 85705 – Ticket Vending Machine
- Laos Transit Center - 205 W. Irvington Road, Tucson, AZ 85706 – Ticket Vending Machine
- Any Fry’s Food Store Location
Additionally, call this phone number to add value to your account: 520-791-4100
ADA Paratransit Eligibility Office (149 N. Stone Avenue, 2nd Floor) – Closure to the Public
Due to the COVID-19 (Corona Virus) The ADA Paratransit Eligibility Office is not accepting in-person applications or in-person application requests at this time.
However, there are TWO (2) ways you can request an ADA Paratransit Application to be mailed to you:
- Go to SunVan.com à Eligibility à ADA Eligibility Office link à Request an ADA Paratransit Application online: https://www.tucsonaz.gov/transit/ada-paratransit-eligibility-office
- Call the ADA Paratransit Eligibility Office at (520) 791-5409
- Sun Tran asks that riders enter the rear door only (for entering and exiting).
- Non-ambulatory passengers who need a lift will board at the front of the bus and will rely on the observation of the bus driver
- Sun Tran is asking riders to recognize social spacing for their own health and safety which would be a minimum of six (6) feet.
- There will be a sign in the wheel well area to discourage people from standing near the bus operator