Interested in replacing your clothes washer for a high-efficiency one? Our partnership with SERI makes it possible for low-income customers to upgrade their clothes washers and conserve water. On average, Energy Star certified high-efficiency washers use about 30% less water and 20% less energy than regular washers.
Qualifying participants can purchase a new, high-efficiency washer for only $200, valued at up to $850 plus installation. Participants will receive a zero-interest loan from SERI that will breakdown as follows: $50 down payment when qualified and 6-month payment plan for $25 per month. Participants must meet all requirements to be eligible for the program:
- Tucson Water customer and account in good standing
- Old machine must be removed and not used again (SERI will take old washer)
- Choose either a top load or front load clothes washer
- One time – participation per house and Tucson Water client
- Adjusted gross income is equal to or less than 200% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) (see chart below)
- Washer must be 5 years or older
- Homeowner of a single-family dwelling
- Property taxes paid
- Qualifying customers choose from a top load or front load option and SERI will purchase and arrange delivery. Participants will not be able to choose the brand or model.
- Your default on making payments will not allow you to continue to participate in any current or future SERI programs and Tucson Water will be notified of your payment default which may prevent you from participating in other Tucson Water programs.
Contact SERI at 520-321-9488 or email@example.com to apply and learn more about its free workshops .
|2023 City of Tucson Water Conservation Program Low-Income Guidelines|
|Persons in Household||100% Federal Poverty Level||200% Federal Poverty Level|
|Annual Income||Monthly Income||Annual Income||Monthly Income|
|Effective 1/13/2023||Add $5,140 for each additional person over 8||
Add $10,280 for each additional person over 8