The City of Tucson’s Mayor and Council have suggested two fare increase options for passengers to review. Additional open house events have been scheduled to provide information on the following policies and proposed changes:
- Proposed fare increase (two options)
- City of Tucson Title VI policies, which include Fare Change, Major Service Change, Disproportionate Burden, and Disparate Impact.
- Service changes to Sun Tran Routes 9, 20 and 27.
- Out-of-area fee for Optional Sun Van American with Disabilities (ADA) and Sun Shuttle Dial-a-Ride service.
- Changes to transfer policy.
Due to Federal Transit Administration (FTA) requirements, Title VI policies must be reviewed every three years. Transit service changes are proposed to reduce the City of Tucson’s General Fund contribution to transit.
Information on the following planned service changes will be provided at the open house events, but do not require public input. These changes will be implemented in September 2016.
- Increased frequency and merging of Sun Tran Routes 6 and 15, which was approved in the FY 2016 budget for implementation in February 2016 but deferred due to the work stoppage.
- Route extension for Sun Tran Routes 7 and 17.
- Route change for Sun Tran Route 37.
Public Open House Events:
- Wednesday, June 1, 2016
- 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. at El Rio Neighborhood Center, 1390 W. Speedway Blvd.
- Thursday, June 2, 2016
- 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. at Woods Memorial Library, 3455 N. 1st Ave.
- 6 p.m. – 7 p.m. at El Pueblo Activity Center, 101 W. Irvington Rd.
- Tuesday, June 7, 2016
- 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. at Joel D. Valdez Main Library, 101 N. Stone Ave.
- 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. at Wilmot Library, 530 N. Wilmot Rd
- Thursday, June 9, 2016
- 6 p.m. – 7 p.m. at Clements Center, 8155 E. Poinciana Dr.
- Tuesday, June 14, 2016
- 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. at Pasqua Yaqui Housing Warehouse, 4781 Calle Torim
- Thursday, June 16, 2016
- 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. at Oro Valley Library, 1350 W. Naranja Dr.
- Tuesday, August 9, 2016 – at 5:30 p.m. at City Hall Mayor and Council Chambers, 255 W Alameda
Representatives from Sun Tran and the Regional Transportation Authority will be available at the public open house events to answer questions and concerns you may have regarding the two fare options, Title VI policies and proposed service changes. The comments period has also been extended, public comments will now accepted through June 26.
For more information on Sun Tran’s Title VI policy and proposed changes, visit www.suntran.com. If you cannot make a meeting and have a comment, please call Customer Service at (520) 792-9222 or email email@example.com. For requests for reasonable meeting accommodations call (520) 206-8881 at least five days prior to meeting.