This is a series of traffic alerts that will be issued throughout the construction of the North Rillito Interceptor (NRI) Sewer Rehabilitation Project. These alerts will announce construction, detour and street closure information as it affects residents, businesses and traffic within the area. The 10-mile long NRI project is being completed in phases; the current phase’s construction boundaries are from Woodland Road to just east of Pantano Road.
Construction activities scheduled for Monday, August 3, 2015 have been rescheduled to begin on Monday, August 10, 2015 and continue through late September 2015. During this time, the contractor will be completing sewer rehabilitation work in the westbound lanes of Tanque Verde Road.
- Westbound travel lanes on Tanque Verde Road will be closed between Woodland (west end) and Pantano Roads.
- A portion of the center median will be removed to allow traffic on westbound Tanque Verde Road to be shifted into the eastbound travel lanes.
- Traffic along eastbound Tanque Verde Road will be reduced to one travel lane in each direction through this area.
During the week of Monday, August 3, 2015 the contractor will begin the sewer rehabilitation/lining process along Woodland Road. The following traffic controls will be in place:
- Traffic along Woodland Road will be shifted around the work areas.
- Alternate one-way traffic may be in place during construction activities.
Motorists traveling through the area should plan for delays and use alternate routes when possible. Bicyclists and pedestrians should use caution when riding/walking through the area.