The following details outline transit service on Christmas, Thursday, December 25, 2014:
- Sun Tran Routes 1 through 99 and the Sun Link streetcar will run on a Sunday schedule on Christmas. Regular service resumes Friday, December 26.
- Sun Express Routes will not be in operation. Regular service resumes Friday, December 26.
- Sun Shuttle fixed-route service and the Sahuarita/Green Valley Sun Shuttle Dial-a-Ride will not be in operation. Sun Shuttle Dial-a-Ride service provided by Discount Cab and Oro Valley Sun Shuttle Dial-a-Ride will offer service from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Christmas Day, for Americans with Disabilities Act-qualified passengers only. Regular service resumes Friday, December 26.
- Sun Van service and hours of operation will mirror the service provided by Sun Tran. Sun Van’s Reservation Center will be open 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Christmas.
- The Customer Service Center for Sun Tran, Sun Shuttle and Sun Link will be closed. Customer Service Center will return to regular weekday hours of 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Friday, December 26.
- Special Services Office, located at 35 W. Alameda, will be closed on Christmas, and will reopen to regular hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday, December 26.
- Sun Tran’s Administrative Office, located at 3920 N. Sun Tran Blvd., will be closed on Christmas, and will reopen for business on Friday, December 26, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Salvation Army Free Christmas Dinner Shuttle
Sun Tran will provide free shuttle service to Saint Demetrius Church for the Salvation Army’s Annual Christmas Dinner held on Thursday, December 25, from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. For details on the Salvation Army’s Christmas Dinner, call (520) 795-9671 or visit http://www.salvationarmytucson.org/.
Sun Tran’s free shuttle to the Salvation Army Christmas Dinner begins at 9:30 a.m. and will circulate between Ronstadt Transit Center, 215 E. Congress Street and St. Demetrius Church, 1145 E. Ft. Lowell Road.