Once again, residents can recycle their Christmas trees through the City of Tucson's TreeCycle Program. The program begins on Tuesday, December 26, 2017 and continues through Monday, January 15, 2018. TreeCycle collection sites are located throughout Tucson and Oro Valley (see list of TreeCycle sites below).
Please remember to remove all lights, ornaments, decorations, plastic tree bags, and tree stands before dropping off at the TreeCycle sites. Trees collected are chipped and these items can cause damage to people and the equipment.
Additionally, from January 4 through January 15, 2018, the City of Tucson will have wood chips from shredded Christmas trees available for pick-up at Randolph Golf Course and the Los Reales Landfill. Bring your own container and take home some free Merry Mulch for your garden.
The following TreeCycle sites are open during daylight hours, please check the schedule for each site. Most are open seven days a week.
- Oro Valley Naranja Park, 810 W. Naranja Dr., (Only open through January 7, 2018)
- Tank's Roll-offs & Recycling, 7301 E Speedway (turn north on Prudence Rd., Open M-F, 7 am - 4 pm; Sat, 7 am - 2 pm; Only open during business hours
- Golf Links Sports Park, 2400 S. Craycroft Rd. (7 am - 5 pm)
- Tucson Rodeo Grounds, on 3rd Ave. (east of Rodeo Grounds, on S. 3rd Ave.)
- Los Reales Landfill, 5300 E. Los Reales Rd. (Entrance is at intersection of Craycroft Rd. & Los Reales Rd., follow signs) 6am-5pm Closed Sundays
- Silverbell Site, (northeast corner of Silverbell Rd. & Goret Rd (follow signs)