Tucson Meet Your Birds is scheduled for Saturday, March 3, from 7 am to noon at Sweetwater Wetlands Park, 2511 W. Sweetwater Drive. This free public event is hosted by the Tucson Audubon Society and Tucson Water.
Guests can explore 20 acres of tree-lined paths and ponds with experts pointing out the birds for them. This event showcases the beauty and importance of birds and the wetlands habitat, and helps educate Tucson area residents and visitors about the region’s water supply. Tucson Audubon and Tucson Water make it easy and fun to learn about birds and Sweetwater Wetlands by:
- Providing birding experts stationed around the wetlands with spotting scopes to help visitors see birds.
- Showcasing live birds, reptiles, and top minnows brought in by local rehabilitation groups.
- Offering up-close encounters with a hawk and an owl.
- Featuring Tucson Audubon’s Habitat at Home backyard habitat recognition program.
- Presenting information on water conservation and Sweetwater Wetlands operations.
There will also be local food trucks on site from early morning through lunchtime and a native plant sale from Nighthawk Natives Nursery.