Available in time for Gem & Mineral Show attendees
TUCSON, Ariz. – Sun Tran and City of Tucson’s Department of Transportation have launched a SunGO 7-Day Pass pilot program, available now through May 2015. The new 7-Day Pass will provide unlimited rides on Sun Link, Sun Tran and select Sun Shuttle routes for seven consecutive days after first activated on transit vehicles and offers an alternative to the current 1-Day and 30-Day pass options.
The pilot program launches in time for the Tucson Gem & Mineral Show, providing an ideal transit option for Gem Show vendors and customers. Multiple Gem Show events will take place near the Sun Link streetcar route, and many more will be located along Sun Tran’s bus routes. The pass will continue to be available to the general public for regular use throughout the promotional period of May 2015.
The pass will be tested for a six month period and will be evaluated to determine if the pilot program or similar program will be integrated into the public transportation fare structure on a long-term basis.
The new SunGO Card with a 7-Day Pass costs $15 ($13 when loaded to an existing SunGO Card) and can be purchased online and at Ticket Vending Machines at the City of Tucson’s three transit centers. Select sales locations are also selling new SunGO Cards loaded with a 7-Day Pass, they are the following:
- Tucson Visitor Center, 100 S. Church Ave., (520) 770-2142
- Hotel Congress, 311 East Congress St., (520) 622-8848
- Marriott University Park Gift Shop, 880 E. 2nd St., (520) 792-1176
- Tucson Convention Center Ticket Office, 260 S. Church Ave., (520) 791-4101
- Arizona Riverpark Inn, 777 W. Cushing St., (520) 239-2300
- Sun Tran Special Services Office, 35 W. Alameda St., (520) 791-4100
- Sun Tran Administrative Office, 3910 N. Sun Tran Blvd., (520) 206-8840