DAVIS-MONTHAN AIR FORCE BASE, Ariz.--The revised draft Environmental Assessment for Total Force Training (formerly Operation Snowbird) was released by Air Combat Command here today.
The release initiates a 30-day public comment period, which ends October 23. Substantive public comments submitted by that date will be considered before the Air Force makes any determinations on the proposal. These comments will also become part of the official record.
An initial draft EA was released for public comment in July 2012 under “The Proposed Update and Implementation of the National Guard Bureau Training Plan 60-1 in support of Operation Snowbird Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Arizona.” Following the 2012 public comment period, the EA was revised and renamed to more clearly explain visiting unit flight activities here, including Operation Snowbird (Air National Guard), joint service ( Army, Navy, Marines and Reserve) and foreign military partners.
The draft EA, now named “Update and Implementation of the Total Force Training Mission for Visiting Units (Operation Snowbird, Multi-Service, and Foreign Military Sales) Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Arizona”, can be viewed at the local libraries listed below as well as online at: http://www.dm.af.mil/library/tftea.asp
Draft TFT EA viewing locations:
• Eckstrom-Columbus Branch Library, 4350 East 22nd Street, Tucson AZ 85713
• Himmel Park Branch Library, 1035 North Treat Avenue, Tucson AZ 85716
• Pascua Yaqui Tribe Public Library, 7418 South Camino Cocoim, Tucson AZ 85757
• Quincie Douglas Library, 1585 East 36th Street, Tucson AZ 85713
• Salazar-Ajo Library, 33 West Plaza Street, Ajo AZ 85621
• Tohono O’odham Nation, Venito Garcia Library & Archives, P.O. Box 837, Sells AZ 85634
• University of Arizona Library, 1510 East University Boulevard, Tucson AZ 85721
Public comments must be submitted in writing by October 23, 2014 either via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: ATTN: TFT EA COMMENT SUBMITTAL, 355th Fighter Wing Public Affairs, 3405 S Fifth Street, Davis-Monthan AFB, Arizona 85707. Mail must be postmarked by October 23.
Further questions about this process can be directed to the 355th Fighter Wing Public Affairs Office at 520-228-3406.