El Tour Headquarters is officially releasing the 12 important facts about the 2016 Tucson Medical Center El Tour de Tucson presented by Casino Del Sol Resort scheduled for this Saturday, November 19th. Spread the word!!!!
- Largest Cycling event in the State of Arizona
- Expecting over 7,000 cyclists riding in these events: 106, 76, 54, 37 & 28-mile events, Fun Ride of 11, 5 & ¼-miles plus over 3,000 Indoor El Tour Cyclists.
El Tour could reach over 10,000 cyclists this year!!!
(3) Weather: High of 81 degrees! No Rain!!!!
- Expected to raise over $15 Million for 50 different non-profit charitable agencies
- Economic Impact on Tucson/Pima County during El Tour weekend: $15 Million - $20 Million
- Registration still open through Friday, November 18th on Thursday & Friday at El Tour EXPO at TCC from 10 am through 8 pm each day
- 34th El Tour dedicated to Denise Mueller, fastest woman cyclist in the world at 147 mph
- Attending this year's event: cyclists from Italy, Japan, Mexico, Germany, Australia, Brazil, Canada and from almost every state in the United States
- Listen to El Tour Ride Day Radio Show on Nov 19th for traffic info and reports on lead cyclists: 7 am - noon on ESPN 1490/104.9fm
(10) For Route Info, street closures, go to: http://www.perimeterbicycling.com/el-tour-de-tucson/maps/
- Information: call 520-745-2033, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, website: perimeterbicycling.com
(12) Join us on Nov 19th and help celebrate our theme: "Come together. Ride NOW"