Find out about opportunities with automotive dealership
at free July 29 veterans career seminar
Veterans can find out about a local automotive dealership’s job opportunities and hiring processes at a free career seminar on Tuesday, July 29, at the Kino Veterans’ Workforce Center, 2801 E. Ajo Way.
Bradley Lancaster, recruiting manager for the Jim Click Automotive Team and the Holmes Tuttle Automotive Team, will talk and answer questions at the seminar, which begins at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 11:30 a.m.
To sign up or obtain more information, please call (520) 740-4646 or (520) 243-6700.
Pima County One-Stop Career Center opened the Kino Veterans’ Workforce Center in 2012 to help military veterans find jobs and get training, benefits and support services; and to help employers hire veterans.
One-Stop’s partners in the Center include the U.S. Departments of Labor, Defense and Veterans Affairs; the Arizona Departments of Veterans Services and Economic Security; Pima Community College; Community Partnership of Southern Arizona and Rally Point; CODAC/Comin’ Home; Tucson Veterans Serving Veterans; Salvation Army; Old Pueblo Community Services; Primavera Foundation; the Arizona Veterans Commission; SER Jobs for Progress; and local employers.
The Kino Veterans’ Workforce Center offers:
- Peer support, drop-in and welcome
- Career counseling and job search assistance
- Help with resumes, interview and phone techniques
- Skill and aptitude assessments
- Computer labs and office equipment
- Behavioral health services and recovery
- Occupational skills training
- Adult education, tutoring and study skills
- Benefits counseling and claims assistance – education, medical care, disability
- Assistance with housing and other basic needs during transition to employment
- Business recruitment and workforce training assistance