Downtown Loop to Discontinue Service
TUCSON, Ariz. – Significant service changes to Sun Tran routes and the discontinuation of the Downtown Loop service will be reflected in the new Sun Tran Ride Guide, effective February 15 and now available online.
Sun Tran Service Changes:
· Route 1 has route and schedule changes and now operates between the Ronstadt Transit Center and Swan Road/29th Street.
· Routes 3, 15 and 34 have route and schedule adjustments to provide a more consistent service.
· Routes 4, 7 and 9 have schedule and frequency adjustments to better meet passenger needs.
· Routes 2, 5, 17, 24, 50, 101X and 108X have schedule adjustments to better meet passenger needs.
· Routes 6, 8, and 16 have each been split into two routes at Ronstadt Transit Center. The Route 8 is now Route 8 (Broadway) and Route 18 (S. 6th Ave). Route 6 is now Route 6 (Euclid/N. 1st Ave) and Route 25 (S. Park Ave). Route 16 is now Route 16 (Oracle/Ina) and Route 12 (S. 10th/12th Ave). Please check each route for schedule changes.
· Route 26 now operates on Country Club Road between Drexel and Benson Highway, no longer serving Masterson Avenue.
· Express Routes 101X, 108X, and 110X are on long-term detour downtown due to a construction project. The new Ride Guide reflects that detour for the duration of the construction, expected to be in effect until Spring 2015.
Passengers are urged to please check all additional routes not listed above as select trips may experience minor changes.
Discontinuation of Service
· Downtown Loop, the free transit service in the downtown Tucson-area, will discontinue service. Sun Tran Route 22 will now service stops on Bonita Avenue and Commerce Park Loop on weekdays. Various Sun Tran routes and the Sun Link streetcar provide a useful transit option.
The Sun Tran Ride Guide is now available at www.suntran.com and on buses. By February 15, the Ride Guide will be available at approximately 300 locations, such as public libraries, major malls and pass sales outlets throughout Tucson.
For specific Sun Tran bus information, consult the Ride Guide or visit the website at www.suntran.com. For Sun Link streetcar information, visit www.sunlinkstreetcar.com. For Sun Shuttle information, visit http://www.suntran.com/sunshuttle/. For information on all transit systems, call the Customer Service Center at (520) 792-9222 (for individuals with TDD equipment, call 520-628-1565). Except on major holidays, the Customer Service Center is open weekdays from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. and weekends from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.