Veterans can find out about educational and employment opportunities at a free career seminar on Tuesday, Aug. 12, at the Kino Veterans’ Workforce Center, 2801 E. Ajo Way.
Ginny Pizano, student services advanced specialist at Pima Community College; Tony Hurd, divisional recruiting manager at Schneider National; and Diana Ouzts, recruiter/staffing specialist at the Temp Connection, will talk and answer questions at the seminar, which begins at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 11:30 a.m.
To sign up or obtain more information, please call (520) 740-4646 or (520) 243-6700.
Pima County One-Stop Career Center opened the Kino Veterans’ Workforce Center in 2012 to help military veterans find jobs and get training, benefits and support services; and to help employers hire veterans.
One-Stop’s partners in the Center include the U.S. Departments of Labor, Defense and Veterans Affairs; the Arizona Departments of Veterans Services and Economic Security; Pima Community College; Community Partnership of Southern Arizona and Rally Point; CODAC/Comin’ Home; Tucson Veterans Serving Veterans; Salvation Army; Old Pueblo Community Services; Primavera Foundation; the Arizona Veterans Commission; SER Jobs for Progress; and local employers.
The Kino Veterans’ Workforce Center offers:
- Peer support, drop-in and welcome
- Career counseling and job search assistance
- Help with resumes, interview and phone techniques
- Skill and aptitude assessments
- Computer labs and office equipment
- Behavioral health services and recovery
- Occupational skills training
- Adult education, tutoring and study skills
- Benefits counseling and claims assistance – education, medical care, disability
- Assistance with housing and other basic needs during transition to employment
- Business recruitment and workforce training assistance