Note: Due to fluctuations in staffing during this time, rebates and credits may take up to 12 weeks to process. Please be patient.
On average, laundry accounts for 16% of a household’s water use. Upgrading to a high-efficiency clothes washer can save energy and thousands of gallons of water a year, reducing utility bills by as much as $100 annually.
The rebate can help recoup the additional cost of a high-efficiency clothes washer within the first year of purchase, depending on the model purchased.
- $200 rebate for replacing a top-load with a front-load clothes washer from the qualifying product list.
- $100 rebate for replacing an old front-load with a new front-load clothes washer from the qualifying product list.
- $100 rebate for new customers, not replacing a clothes washer and purchasing a product from the qualifying product list.
- Current Tucson Water customer
- Active water service; must be turned on at the time of purchase
- Old machine must be removed and not used again.
- One rebate per customer, per household.
- Washer must be on Tucson Water’s Clothes Washer Qualifying Product List at the time of purchase.
- Clothes washers purchased on or after July 1, 2022 are subject to the new rebate policy. Applications and purchases made before this date are subject to the old rebate policy.
Clothes Washer Qualifying Product List
The Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) evaluates the efficiency of appliances for both water and energy use so that rebate programs and manufacturers can work together to offer efficient products. Tucson Water provides a Clothes Washer Qualifying Product List of models that are water efficient, based on CEE criteria.
Clothes Washer Qualifying Product List (1.5 MB) (last CEE update June 2022)
For more information about high-efficiency washers and the term "water factors," visit the Home Water Works web page . Please note that this is not the clothes washer qualifying list.
For more information, call 520-791-4331, or email Tucson Water's Public Information and Conservation Office (PICO).
Esta información está disponible en Español. Por favor llame al 520-791-4331.