Tucson Water offers a toilet rebate program to encourage and assist commercial and multifamily customers who wish to purchase and install new, high-efficiency toilet fixtures.
Replacing older 3.5 gallons-per-flush or greater toilets with high-efficiency models is a cost-effective way to conserve water and save money.
IMPORTANT! Contact Tucson Water for a pre-inspection before replacing more than 5 toilets.
- $75 per tank-type toilet
- $150 per flushometer valve/bowl combination
- There is no limit on the number of fixtures replaced per property.
- This rebate applies for fixtures purchased and installed March 1, 2015, or later.
- Purchases made prior to this date are subject to the previous rebate program.
- Applicants must submit a W-9 form for rebates $600 or more, which are subject to tax, and will be issued a 1099-MISC for miscellaneous income. The W-9 form requires submitting your social security number.
- Commercial and multifamily Tucson Water customers whose building was constructed prior to 1991.
- If building is located in Pima County, it must have been built prior to 1994.
- Fixtures replaced as part of a general construction permit (such as for a structural change or alteration) do not qualify for the rebate.
- Call Tucson Water's Public Information / Conservation Office at 520-791-4331 to inquire about eligibility before making your purchase.
- Replacement of toilets that use 3.5 gallons per flush or more.
- Installation of toilets that use 1.28 gallons or less per flush.
- Only WaterSense, EPA certified high-efficiency toilets (HETs) qualify for the tank-type toilet rebate.
- Only flushometer valve/bowl combination HETs with an effective flush volume of 1.28 gallons or less as rated by MaP (Maximum Performance) testing qualify for the flushometer valve/bowl combination rebate.
Look for the WaterSense logo to select a toilet that qualifies for the rebate and meets water efficiency and performance standards.
MaP (Maximum Performance)
How to Apply
- Commercial & Multi-Family Toilet Rebate Program Application Form (250 Kb)
- Commercial & Multi-Family Toilet Rebate Program Brochure (2.1 Mb)
For more information, call 520-791-4331 or email Tucson Water's Public Information and Conservation Office (PICO).
Esta información está disponible en Español. Por favor llame al 520-791-4331.
Did you Know?
- Advancements have allowed toilets to use 1.28 gallons per flush or less while still providing equal or superior performance. This is 20% less water than the current federal standard of 1.6 gallons per flush.
- The WaterSense label is used on toilets that are independently certified to meet rigorous criteria for both performance and efficiency. Only water-saving toilets that complete the certification process can earn the WaterSense label.
- Nationally, if all old, inefficient toilets in the United States were replaced with WaterSense-labeled models, we could save 520 billion gallons of water per year.