In 2005, the Arizona Legislature passed a law (HB 2277 ) that required all Arizona water providers to develop a drought preparedness and response plan:
- Plans must include identification of drought response stages that will prepare providers for a reduction in water supply due to drought.
- The State of Arizona requires plans be reviewed every five years.
Read or download the Drought Preparedness and Response Plan or go to the individual sections below:
- Cover and Acknowledgments
- Executive Summary
- Climate Change Planning
- Water Resources and Production Capacity
- Drought Response Stage Declaration, Implementation, and Response Measures
- Emergency or Backup Supplies for Potable Water
- Plan Revisions
- Appendices, Ordinance, Variance Application