Para información en español, entra aquí.
The City of Tucson provides a monthly discount to qualified customers for monthly utility services statement charges. The discount can be up to three years from the approval date.
To be eligible for the credit, you must:
- have a City of Tucson Utility Services statement in your name.
- meet household size/income guidelines.
- provide verification of your information at your appointment.
Income Guidelines (effective January 26, 2021)
- City of Tucson Utility Services Statement: Applicants must have their current Utility Services Statement, showing the account in their name and the qualifying service address.
- Valid Photo ID matching the name on the application (State ID card, Drivers license, Military ID)
- Proof of Household Size (the total number of persons living in your home): In order to qualify for the low income program, we will need to verify each person living in the household. This includes verifying all social security numbers for each household member.
- Household Income (considered to be the combined income of all persons living in the household): salary, child support, alimony, interest earnings, rental income; Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, Supplemental Security Income, State Supplemental Payment; Social Security, Veterans, Disability, Unemployment, Retirement Benefits, and any cash public assistance.
- Last 30 Days of Income: Examples of this include paycheck stubs/employer letter with pay rate/hours, social security award letter, SSI/disability letter, pension verification, unemployment check stubs, DES award letter (food stamps/cash assistance), or any other type of income for the past 30 days prior to applying.
Renewal: Participants in the City of Tucson Low Income Assistance Program are qualified for up to 36 months from the approval date. Participants will receive notification via mail at least 30 days prior to the expiration period as a reminder to review eligibility for the program. Participants that do not renew prior to the expiration date will be removed from the program and will be assessed the full City of Tucson fees.
If you have any questions on the application or verification process, call (520) 791-5443.
Tucson Water offers other programs for low-income customers:
- Free water audits for residential customers
- Free Smart Home Water Guide
- Free toilet replacement, rainwater harvesting grants & loans
Other utility assistance for low-income customers: