The City of Tucson and Tucson Water care about customers. A monthly discount is available for qualified customers that can be extended up to three years from the approval date.
Para información en español, entra aquí.
To be eligible for the credit you must:
- Have a City of Tucson Utility Services statement in your name
- Meet household size/income guidelines
- Provide verification of your information at your appointment
Income Guidelines- Effective January 2022
- The discount can be up to three years from the approval date.
- You will need to have the following documents with you for the call.
- Applicants who do not have the required documents will not be approved.
- City of Tucson Utility Services Statement: Applicants must have their current Utility Services Statement, showing the account in their name and the qualifying service address.
- Valid Photo ID matching the name on the application: One of the following can be used: State ID card, Drivers License, Military ID, Native American Tribal ID card, consular report, or a passport.
- Proof of Household Size: In order to qualify for the low-income program, we will need to verify the number of people living in the home. Applicants do not need to provide social security numbers for individuals living in the household.
- Household Income: This is the combined income of all people living in the household. These include salary, child support, alimony, interest earnings, rental income; Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Supplemental Security Income, State Supplemental Payment; Social Security, Veterans, Disability, Unemployment, Retirement Benefits, and any cash public assistance. When a customer provides proof of participation in public assistance programs, the customer automatically qualifies for a 25% discount. Eligible programs are DES programs- Section 8 Housing, SNAP, and/or TANF. Please inquire at (520) 791-5443 to check your eligibility.
- Last 30 Days of Income: Examples of this include paycheck stubs/employer letter with pay rate/hours, social security award letter, SSI/disability letter, pension verification, unemployment check stubs, DES award letter (food stamps/cash assistance), or any other type of income for the past 30 days prior to applying.
- Participants in the City of Tucson Low Income Assistance Program are qualified for up to three years from the approval date.
- Participants will receive notification via mail at least 30 days prior to the expiration period as a reminder to review eligibility for the program.
- Participants that do not renew prior to the expiration date will be removed from the program and will be assessed the full City of Tucson fees.
- If you have any questions on the application or verification process, call (520) 791-5443.
Additional Tucson Water Money-Saving Programs:
These programs can help Tucson Water customers save even more on their monthly bill, help conserve water, and create a sustainable future for Tucson!
- Free water audits for residential customers
- Free Smart Home Water Guide
- Free toilet replacement, rainwater harvesting grants & loans
Low-Income Assistance From Other Utility Providers: