Pete the Beak is Tucson Water's mascot and "spokesduck."
In 1976, Tucson Water asked its customers to "Beat the Peak" each summer so that Tucson Water could keep critical groundwater wells shut down during months of very high demand. Pete the Beak appeared soon after to help create awareness of how important water efficiency was year-round. His message and materials remain popular with kids and adults to this day.
Below are links to the Pete the Beak Activity Books that have been published throughout the years:
- Watersmart Activity Book (2012)
- Click To Save H2O (2009)
- Elect To Save Water! (2008)
- Be A Conservation Idol (2007)
- Water: Treasure It (2006)
- A Not So Extreme Makeover (2005)
- Learn To Be A Super Water Saver (2004)
- Cooking Up Conservation (2003)
- Be Water Wise And The Water Table Will Rise (2002)
- The Adventures Of Doc Pete (2001)
Here are other fun ways to learn about water conservation. Check out some of Pete's favorite web pages: