Free workshops for the Rainwater Harvesting Incentives Rebate Program are offered by:
Pima County Cooperative Extension/SmartScape Program
Watershed Management Group
The 3-hour workshop covers residential rainwater harvesting and qualification requirements for the Rainwater Harvesting Incentives Program rebate provided by Tucson Water. Learning objectives:
- What is rainwater harvesting and why do it?
- Best methods to conserve potable water utilizing rainwater harvesting
- Selecting most appropriate passive and active rainwater harvesting system strategies
- Ensure implementation of rainwater harvesting best management practices (BMPs)
- Submit application for Tucson Water’s rainwater harvesting incentive program and develop a rainwater harvesting project plan
- Develop a rainwater harvesting project plan
- Understand how to calculate site water supply, demand, and supplemental storage to balance onsite water budget
Participants are encouraged to bring a basic site plan (sketch or bird's-eye view) of their property to work on during the last hour of the class.