Quality Tap Water Ensures Public HealthJune 27, 2022
From aquifer to faucet, Tucson Water delivers tap water that is healthy, clean, and safe for your family and the environment. Proof positive: Tucson Water’s 2021 Annual Water Quality Reports demonstrate that the utility continues to meet and exceed the EPA’s standards. Here are the critical elements behind the utility’s 20+ years of success implementing the EPA’s Safe Drinking Water Act standards:
• 24/7 online monitoring plus manual sample collection of all water resources
• Proactive and voluntary testing and sampling that exceeds federal and state requirements: 31,677 voluntary samples and 76,932 voluntary tests in 2021
• Cutting-edge research with UArizona, EPA Water Laboratory Alliance, ADEQ, and the Water and Environmental Technology (WET) Center, among others
• More than 200 water quality specialists
• A dedicated, state-certified Water Quality Laboratory that conducts more than 40,000 water quality tests each year
• Strategic investments in pilot projects and technology to detect and stop PFAS, TCE, 1,4-dioxane, and emerging contaminantsclick here to open a pdf of the table below in another window
Want to be friends with YOUR water? Find us on social media.
This article appeared in the July 2022 edition of Water Matters.
Share your comments or suggestions with firstname.lastname@example.org.