This is the first update to Water Plan: 2000-2050 since it was produced in 2004. Issues and challenges to ensuring a secure water future for our community remain largely the same and are discussed at length in the original Water Plan: 2000-2050. However, the planning time frames to address these challenges have changed and are discussed here. The Update also accounts for revised population projections, an increase in the City's Central Arizona Project allocation, and changed planning assumptions and priorities since 2004.
Download the entire 2008 Update to Water Plan: 2000-2050 or the individual chapters and articles as smaller, individual pdf files.
Go to the original Water Plan: 2000-2050.
If you have feedback, comments, or questions, e-mail Tucson Water's Public Information / Conservation Office (PICO).
2008 Update to Water Plan: 2000-2050
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Table of Contents
- Section One: Introduction
- Section Two: Projections of Population
- Section Three: Projected Water Demand
- Section Four: Available Water Resources
- Section Five: Water Delivery Systems
- Section Six: Utilizing Resources to Meet Demand
- Section Seven: Conclusions
- List of Tables
- List of Figures
- 2-1. Tucson Water's Long-Range Planning Boundary, Current Service Area, and Obligated Areas Currently Not Served
- 2-2. Tucson Water's Long-Range Planning Boundary and Potential Projected Service Area
- 2-3. Population Projections for Tucson Water's Obligated Area and its Potential Service Area
- 3-1. The Four Demand Scenarios and Associated Planning Assumptions
- 3-2. Projected Demand Scenarios: 2000-2050
- 4-1. Aerial View of CAVSARP Taken January 2008
- 5-1. Tucson Water’s Well Fields in 2006
- 5-2. Tucson Water’s Potable Distribution System in 2006
- 5-3. Tucson Water’s Reclaimed Distribution Pipeline System in 2006
- 6-1. Scenario A, Projected Demand and Water Resource Utilization: 2000-2050
- 6-2. Scenarios B & C, Projected Demand and Water Resource Utilization: 2000-2050
- 6-3. Scenario D, Projected Demand and Water Resource Utilization: 2000-2050
- 6-4. Demand-Resource Scenario Summary