Flu season is here.
The best way to avoid catching the flu is to get vaccinated. Germs spread fast, especially around the workplace. Protect yourself and others by getting the flu shot.
- City of Tucson and Pima County employees can receive flu vaccines at various City of Tucson work-site flu shot clinics and County clinics.
- No appointment is necessary for City locations, but we encourage you to make an appointment to ensure your spot.
- Appointments are required for County locations.
- Bring your insurance card and consent form.
- Be sure to wear a shirt that allows easy access to your arm.
- Most major insurance carriers (including the City's medical plans) will cover the cost; participants are responsible for any non-covered charges (for example, if you have insurance through a non-City plan).
- Other options: Get vaccinated through your network physician, an El Rio location, or Walgreen's Take Care Clinics and CVS Minute Clinics. A number of pharmacies also participate, and if they file your claim as "medical" instead of "pharmacy", you should have little or no cost. Contact CIGNA's Customer Service at 1-800-244-6224 to find a network location.