Understand Your Health Today for a Healthier Tomorrow
FY 2014 Know Your Numbers Results
Thank you to the thousands of City employees who participated in our Know Your Numbers campaign and to all the hard-working staff members who made it a success. Here is what we learned:
- Only 31% of people said their overall health was very good or excellent; most felt that it was not where they would like it to be
- 73% had higher than normal blood pressure
- 68% had at least 3 or more risk factors that they could change with better health habits
- 55% identified stress as an issue
- 50% had abnormal waist circumference
- High glucose and low good cholesterol (HDL) were abnormal and tied at 44%
- 231 people had glucose that is considered not healthy
- People overwhelmingly wanted to make healthier lifestyle changes, as well as increase physical activity!
On the evaluations:
- People appreciated that the testing was offered at so many different sites
- People wanted to know their numbers and prevent heart disease
We are developing programs to help you meet your health goals. We've introduced discounts to LA Fitness as a first step! Thank you for your continued partnership.
Below is additional information about our completed Know Your Numbers Campaign:
FY 2014 Incentives: How Do I Get a $35 Gift Card?
If you're a primary subscriber on the Cigna medical plan, you can earn a $35 Gift Card:
- Your Numbers! Height, weight, waist circumference, blood pressure, total cholesterol and "good" (HDL) cholesterol must be entered to be eligible for the gift card
- Your myCigna.com login information. If you haven't registered for myCigna.com, you may register here. If you've registered and are having issues logging in, call 1.800.284.8346 for assistance.)
I Don't Know My Numbers
I Don't Have An Appointment
No problem! We recommend that you make an appointment to reduce waiting time, but walk-ins are welcome.
I'd Like Assistance on the Computer
No problem! CIGNA staff and computers will be on-site at each screening location to assist you.
What Happens With My Personal Health Data?
Once you're done, you'll receive a personalized report and be invited to join an online health coaching program. You may also get a call from a Cigna nurse to tell you about health improvement programs that might be helpful to you.
- Your information is confidential! It's sent to the Cigna nurse through a secure transmission.
- The City will NOT have access to your health information!
- Results are protected under federal law (HIPAA) and won't be used to increase your insurance premiums!