David G. Herrera and Ramon Quiroz Park

David G Herrera and Ramon Quiroz Park

Neighborhood Park • 6.6 acres • Ward 1


Park History

One of the oldest parks in Tucson's park system, this park property was acquired by the city in 1902. The park was originally called Oury Park after William S. Oury who resided in Tucson from 1856-1887. Oury Park was one of the first parks in Tucson to have both a community center and a pool.

In 2001 the park was named after two former Oury Center recreation coordinators: David Herrera and Ramon Quiroz. Both Mr. Herrera and Mr. Quiroz had positive impacts on the lives of the youth in the Barrio Anita Neighborhood.

Location

600 W. Saint Mary's Rd., Tucson 85705  View Map

Google Map
Tagged as: