File an Injunction Against Harassment

What is an Injunction against Harassment?

 An Injunction against harassment prohibits a person from harassing, annoying or alarming another person.  Harassment is defined as: Conduct that is directed at a specific person that would cause a reasonable person to be seriously alarmed, annoyed, humiliated or mentally distressed and the conduct in fact seriously alarms, annoys, humiliates, or harasses mentally distresses the person. One act of harassment will not be enough to get an order. The defendant has to have committed a series of acts (more than one) of harassment against you in the last year or one act of sexual violence (defined in ARS § 23-371) against you. The person filing the injunction is called the plaintiff. The person against whom the injunction is filed is called the defendant.


Where do I file a petition for Injunction Against Harassment?

An injunction may be filed in any of the following courts Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM.

  • Pima County Superior Court, Clerk’s Office, 110 W. Congress, 1st Floor
  • Pima Consolidated Justice Court, 240 N. Stone Ave.
  • Pima County Juvenile Court, Clerk’s Office, 2225 E. Ajo Way
  • Tucson City Court, 103 E. Alameda Street, 1st floor, room 119

After 4:30 PM weekdays, or at any time on a weekend or holiday, contact the Tucson Police Department (791-4444) or the Pima County Sheriff’s Department (741-4900). In case of an emergency, call 911.


How do I file?

Online form: Protected Order Forms Online:

Order of Protection Forms (For Informational Purposes Only)

Plaintiff-Guide.pdf(PDF, 210KB)


What happens if the injunction is granted?

If the judge grants the injunction, a member of the clerk’s staff will complete the paperwork for you. The defendant must be served with the injunction before it becomes effective. Court staff will explain how to have the defendant served. A service fee will be charged, and once an order has been served, it will be in effect for twelve (12) months. It is important to keep a copy of the injunction with you at all times.


Can the Injunction against Harassment be changed or modified?

The defendant may file a request for a hearing if they wish to contest the order. The request for a hearing needs to be filed in the court that the order was issued in.  The defendant must show a valid I.D. prior to the hearing being scheduled. The court will mail a copy of the hearing notice to the plaintiff specifying the location, date, and time of the hearing.


What if the Injunction involves a minor?

If the plaintiff is a minor, the petition must be filed by the parent, legal guardian or the person who has legal custody of the minor. Any injunction sought against a person who is less than twelve years of age must be filed in the Juvenile Court.


Additional Questions?

If you have any questions concerning an order of protection, you may obtain information from the courts listed below:

  • Tucson City Court 520-791-4971
  • Pima County Consolidated Justice Court 520-724-3171
  • Clerk of the Juvenile Court 520-740-4412 or 520-740-5025
  • Clerk of the Superior Court 520-740-3272 or 520-740-3297


Additional information is also available on the Arizona Supreme Court Domestic Violence Web Page.

For More information about Domestic Violence and other issues:

EMERGE (formally The Brewster Center - Domestic Violence Services)




AZPOINT, the Arizona Protective Order Initiation and Notification Tool, has been designed to help you fill out a petition for an Order of Protection. Through an interview in AZPOINT, you can quickly and accurately fill out the forms that are needed to request an Order of Protection at an Arizona court. An Order of Protection is a court order that is issued to stop a person from committing domestic violence or from contacting other people protected by the order. The portal will also help you figure out whether you (the plaintiff) and the person from whom you are seeking protection (the defendant) have a qualifying relationship for an Order of Protection. Your information will be saved in AZPOINT for up to 90 days. At any time during this 90-day period, you may take the next step of filing your petition at an Arizona court. Until you file your petition at a court, you will be able to return to AZPOINT to update your information if necessary. You are encouraged to speak to a victim advocate before you file your petition. An advocate can help you make a safety plan and give you more information about how an Order of Protection works and how it will be served on the defendant. For more information, click here to go to AZPOINT or using this link