Brush & Bulky+
The City's Brush & Bulky Plus program continues to work to make our city and neighborhoods cleaner, more attractive and safer. Twice a year, crews visit each of Tucson's 26 residential trash service areas to provide Brush & Bulky+ collection. This is your opportunity to clean out your yard, garage or storage shed and get rid of that unwanted debris.
Collection Times and Info
To prepare for the Brush & Bulky+ collection, simply place your items where your neighborhood's trash is collected. Items must be at least 3-feet from all obstacles, including trash and recycling containers and utility meters. Have materials set out by 6 a.m. on the Monday of your collection week. Collection will be completed by the end of the week. Do not put materials out more than two weeks ahead of your scheduled collection.
The Brush & Bulky+ maximum is 10 cubic yards per household (1 cubic yard = size of a washing machine). Excess over the limit will not be taken.
Please note: To set your own e-mail or text reminders, use Recycle Coach! It's easy and provides access to Trash & Recycling info at your fingertips.
Interactive Map with Schedules
2023 Printable Map (pdf) / Mapa Imprimible 2023 (pdf)
Brush & Bulky+ will collect:
- Appliances (Remove freezer/refrigerator doors)
- Auto tires (Limit 5-Placed in separate pile)
- Brush (Up to 5' Long/ 24"diameter)
- Cacti (Boxed up for safety - 25 lbs. limit)
- Furniture and Carpet
- Lumber (Up to 5' Long- Placed in a separate pile)
- Scrap metal and Pipes (Up to 5' Long)
Any items other than those listed above will NOT be collected. Such as:
- Compressed Gas / Air Cylinders
- Construcion Material
- Dirt, Stone, Rocks, and Gravel
- Glass / Mirrors
- Household Hazardous Waste (Paint, Oil, Pesticides, Solvents)
- Televisions / Computer Monitors
In 2019, the City of Tucson added even more services to its Brush & Bulky Collection Program. This expansion of the existing program is in collaboration with the City of Tucson's Transportation services, the Tucson Police Department and the Tucson Fire Department. Along with the help from Tucson neighborhoods, these groups will continue to serve and better our community.
PLUS Services include:
- Removal of overgrowth and litter in rights-of-way and washes
- Clean-up of illegal dumping
- Graffiti removal
- Street sign repair or replacement
- Pothole repair
- Street sweeping
The City will commit to:
- Contacting neighborhood associations within the pick-up area approximately one month ahead of the Brush & Bulky PLUS Collection to identify neighborhood clean-up priorities.
- Reviewing the collection area to identify any rights-of-way that require clean up.
- Working with the Tucson Police and Fire to identify areas that will minimize safety risks if clean-up is provided.
- Identifying properties that are in violation of the Neighborhood Preservation Ordinance. Contact the property owners/residents by mail to remind them of the property maintenance requirements and that the upcoming Brush & Bulky PLUS collection can provide an opportunity to dispose of yard waste or debris.
Check out the Brush & Bulky PLUS Fact Sheet here!
One Call Hauls it All! Brush & Bulky Anytime
A special trash collection can be ordered any time by calling Customer Service at 520-791-3171 or e-mail ESHelp@tucsonaz.gov. Consider ordering a special pickup if you have a large quantity of bulky refuse that you are unable to take to the landfill and your Brush and Bulky service is not scheduled soon.
Fees for Special Collections are:
$55 for a special brush & bulky collection. (up to 10 cubic yards)
$25 for each additional 15 minutes of collection time and $5 for each additional cubic yard.
Place materials where you would normally set out for scheduled brush & bulky pickup.
Check out this video to see the Brush & Bulky program at work!