How To File a Records Request
To obtain copies of City Court records, complete the records request form on the web(PDF, 556KB) or Tucson City Court - 103 E Alameda.
Purpose - What is the reason for getting these records (i.e., INS, pre-employment background check, MVD, probation, personal information)
Type of request - Uncertified copies, certified copies, printout of case or violation letter
To receive a court summary of active and/or terminated files - Submit a request for a "violation letter". The information included in a "violation letter" is: the date of incident/violation, charge(s), sentence or warrant/default status, final disposition
For copies of criminal violations only - Indicate "criminal charges only"
Processing time - Copies of records are completed in the order they are received and may take up to 30 days (requests for cases that terminated more than one year ago may take more time to complete)
Notification - When your request is completed, court staff will let you know when to pick up your document/s and what the cost will be. You may pick them up at, 103 E Alameda, 4th floor, Room 401. Please wait for court staff to call you
Court retention of records - Per Arizona State Law, Limited Jurisdiction Courts retain civil traffic and parking cases one year after file termination date (this is the date that the case was terminated/completed, dismissed, paid in full, proof shown, etc.), before destruction of file
Court retention of criminal records - Criminal misdemeanor, criminal traffic, and city ordinance cases are retained for five years after termination date (this is the date a case was terminated/completed, dismissed, paid in full, time served, etc.), before destruction of the file. DUI and criminal DV cases are retained seven years after termination/completion date
Court retention of orders of protection records - Protection Orders/Harassment Injunctions may be on file six months to five years, depending upon initiation date of when order was filed. Electronic records may be available if the hard copy is not on file
Per ARS #22-404 Class E & F Court Fees: Research and Locate Fee: $17.00 per case. Minimum Clerk Fee: $17.00 per case
Beginning May 3, 2010, a revised Record Request Fee policy was implemented. The fees assessed are outlined below
Research/Locate Fee - $17.00
- Request for Copies of File Requests made wherein copies of documents within a specific file are requested, a $17.00 Research/Locate” fee as well as a $0.50 per copy fee will be assessed
- Requests to Review Case Files Requestor will be charged a $17.00 Research/Locate fee for retrieval of three files or less. The inclusion of a fourth case will support the imposition of an additional $17.00 Research/Locate fee and an additional fee for each grouping of four case files thereafter. If copies are requested, a $0.50 per copy fee will be assessed. Customers may "view only" files in Court Services located on the 4th floor, Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Copy of Digital Recording Research/Locate Fee of $17.00 will be assessed for each CD requested
Clerk Fee - $17.00
- Violation Letter A Violation Letter lists the dispositions for each charge violation related to the case. A $17.00 clerk fee will be assessed per case file. If a request is made for more than one case file, the fee will be applied to each docket separately
- No Record Found Letter For requests where a name search or a specific docket is researched and there is no information found within the case management system, a No Record Found letter will be generated. Imposition of a $17.00 clerk fee will be assessed for this type of letter
- Printouts For printouts made from the Case Management System or Quick Defendant Records Search application for a specific docket number, a $17.00 clerk fee will be assessed for three files or less. The inclusion of a fourth printout would support the imposition of an additional $17.00 clerk fee and an additional $17.00 fee for each grouping of four printouts thereafter. Printouts cannot be certified
Certification Fee - no charge
- Certified Copies Requests for certified copies of a case file will be charged a $17.00 Research/Locate fee per docket
No Fees Assessed
There will be no charge for accessing court records through the Supreme Court Website or the Tucson Court records search website.
To File A Record Request
See below for the options on submitting Record Requests:
Your request must include, 1) - full name, docket number, current address and telephone number; 2) - detailed information of what you are requesting. For your convenience, you may obtain the Court's record request form here(PDF, 556KB) .
BY MAIL: Tucson City Court, PO Box 27210, Tucson AZ 85726, ATTN: RECORD REQUESTS
BY FAX: (520) 791-5488
BY E-MAIL: TCCRecords@courts.az.gov
IN-PERSON: TUCSON CITY COURT, Room 104
Processing of Record Request
Record requests will be completed in the order they are received. Requests for cases that terminated more than one year ago may take more time to complete. Court staff will notify you by phone when your request is completed (unless otherwise requested). Pickup your completed requests at Tucson City Court, 103 E Alameda, Room 104.
Methods of Payment
Methods of payment accepted by the Court are cash, money order, cashier's check or pre-printed personal checks. Court also accepts credit cards -- Visa, MasterCard or Discover.