Graffiti Removal Program


Report by Phone: (520) 792-CITY (2489)

Knock Out Graffiti Coloring Book

Graffiti Prevention & Removal Brochure

Submit a request for assistance (please attach photos) 


Graffiti cannot always be prevented, but property owners and residents can reduce the incidence of graffiti on building exteriors and walls by having good lighting and vegetation along walls.

Work with your neighbors, your neighborhood association, or home owners’ association to be the eyes and ears for your community.


Putting graffiti on public or private property is against the law. If you see someone in the act of “tagging,” call 911. If the graffiti is already in place, call 792-CITY (2489) to report it. Graffiti left in place tends to attract more graffiti.


When reporting graffiti for removal or reporting graffiti that you have removed please provide the following information:

Address or cross streets of location with graffiti. When providing this information please indicate where graffiti is located. Example: 7575 E Speedway Bl - graffiti is on west wall, black paint; or Speedway & Kolb northeast corner on wall, red paint. If no specific information is provided a work order will not be generated. We will remove graffiti only within City Limits.

Alleys: The City will remove graffiti in an alley if it is visible from a City-maintained roadway. Anything further will be the homeowner's/owner's responsibility.

We do not remove graffiti from: construction sites or equipment, billboards, vehicles, non-city-owned dumpsters, storage containers, parks, schools, murals, interior of structures, bus stops, ADOT property (ex: freeway sound walls), surfaces above two levels, structures along railroad rights-of-way, private property not clearly visible by public right of way (example: interior backyard fence of private residence), and locations with no access (example: wall behind locked gates with “No Trespass” signs present.

  • Graffiti on bus stops can be reported to Sun Tran customer service at 792-9222.
  • Graffiti outside of the City Limits can be reported to Pima County at 792-8224.
  • Graffiti at ADOT property can be reported to 388-4200.
  • If you are a property owner or resident, you can try washing off graffiti or painting it over yourself. If you need assistance, call 792-CITY (792-2489). If you attempt to remove the graffiti by painting over it and the paint is “blotched,” we will not be able to remove it.

Graffiti Protective Coatings (GPC) and the City of Tucson have created a free application for reporting graffiti. To download the app, search for MyTucson on the iPhone App Store and Android Market. 


Contracted Services

The City of Tucson has contracted with GPC to remove the graffiti city-wide.

Graffiti FAQ’s

Answers to the Frequently Asked Questions about the Graffiti Removal Program.

Submit a request for assistance. Please attach photographs of the graffiti for ease of identification and fast response time.