600 W. Saint Mary's Road • Tucson AZ 85705
Neighborhood Park • 6.6 acres • Ward 1
Park Hours: 7:00 a.m.-10:30 p.m.
|Amenities||Line Map (PDF)||Tucson Delivers Projects|
|Park History||Sports Map (PDF)|
|Oury Recreation Center||Park History|
|Basketball Court (covered)||Grill||Restroom|
|Horseshoe Pit||Drinking Fountains|
|Volleyball Courts (sand)|
One of the oldest parks in Tucson's park system, this park property was acquired by the city in 1902. The park was originally called Oury Park after William S. Oury who resided in Tucson from 1856-1887. Oury Park was one of the first parks in Tucson to have both a community center and a pool.
In 2001 the park was named after two former Oury Center recreation coordinators: David Herrera and Ramon Quiroz. Both Mr. Herrera and Mr. Quiroz had positive impacts on the lives of the youth in the Barrio Anita Neighborhood.