When Are Traffic Control Permits Required

A Traffic Control Permit is not only required for street repairs or underground utility work in the City right-of-way. One may be needed for the work being completed around a homeowner's property. Are you planning on adding a driveway? Are you making home repairs that require the use of a dumpster or mobile storage unit being placed temporarily on the City street? Maybe you just want to do some landscaping that encompasses impacts to the sidewalk or City right-of-way? Either way, a Traffic Control Permit is required for any work that impacts travel lanes, alleys, medians, shoulders, sidewalks, bike lanes, bus stops and driveways at the street connection.

Traffic Control Permit Applications

Methods of Payment

Cash, Checks, Money Orders, Advanced Payment Accounts, and most major Credit Cards are acceptable forms of payment for plan review and traffic control permit fees. When using check or money order for payment, please indicate permit number or job location on the memo line. Our office is now equipped to accept Visa/Debit, Discover, and MasterCard transactions for payments. Please do not send cash through the mail.

Customers can set up an Advanced Payment Account for convenient payment options. Customers deposit funds into their own Advanced Payment Account, making them available for future use. To deposit funds into account - cash, checks and money orders are acceptable. When using check or money order, please indicate the Advanced Payment Account Number on the memo line.

Please make all checks or money orders to: City of Tucson

If mailing - please address to:

City of Tucson / Traffic Engineering
201 N. Stone Ave – 5th Floor
P.O. Box 27210
Tucson, AZ 85726–7210

Working On/Near The Street Car Line

Contractors will require a track access permit to perform any right-of-way work on or near the streetcar track per the Standard Operating Procedure(PDF, 1MB).

Other Local Municipalities