3455 E. Zoo Court • Tucson AZ 85716
Edith Ball Adaptive Recreation Center:
Outdoor Recreation Pool is: OPEN
Indoor Therapy Pool is: CLOSED
Center Supervisor: Beth Lucas - TPRD-ARC@tucsonaz.gov
The Edith Ball Adaptive Recreation Center is located in Gene C. Reid Park.
The Edith Ball Adaptive Recreation Center (ARC) is an award-winning facility that offers a unique experience for all. The outdoor, covered Recreation Pool offers a variety of fitness classes, lap swim, and open swim times to enjoy the walking channel and play features in the zero-depth area. The indoor, warm water Therapy Pool provides individuals with disabilities an opportunity to experience benefits including increased range of motion and flexibility, relief of pain due to arthritis or other conditions, and overall relaxation. Both the Recreation Pool and the Therapy Pool are fully accessible.
|Pool Hours||Aquatics Programs|
|Activities, Amenities, and Programs||Aquatics Rates and Fees|
|Pool Rules||Learn to Swim|
|Patrons of the ARC (Nonprofit Organization)||Water Safety|
Edith Ball ARC Now Open
The Edith Ball Adaptive Recreation Center (ARC) is open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., by reservation only. There is a limit of 10 people total at one time, four lap swimmers and six people in the recreation area.
Reservations are by phone only (520-791-5643). Call beginning at 6:30 a.m. for same-day reservations and 2 p.m. for next-day reservations.
- 8:00-9:15 a.m.
- 9:30-10:45 a.m.
- 11:00 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- 12:30-1:45 p.m.
- 2:00-3:15 p.m.
- 3:30-4:45 p.m.
Pool Use Guidelines
- There will be no fees or passes collected.
- All pool attendees must wear face coverings when they are on the desk or other areas outside the water. It is not advised to wear a mask in the water.
- Swimmers are required to stay 6 feet apart from anyone who is not living in their household.
- Bring your own drinking water, towel, and any equipment such as noodles or kickboards. No equipment will be provided.
- Restrooms, sinks, and deck equipment will be cleaned and sanitized regularly.
- No locker room facilities will be available. Come dressed to swim. A rinse-off station will be available on deck for those who wish to rinse off.
- If a patron is not able to follow these requirements, they may be asked to leave.
We strongly advise:
- Users maintain a minimum of 6 feet of distance from anyone they do not live with
- Stay home if feeling sick
- Follow all other CDC guidelines to keep safe.
Every person in the City of Tucson over the age of 5 is required to cover their nose and mouth with a face covering when in a public setting where continuous physical distancing is difficult or impossible. Masks are not required while swimming.
Adult Lap Swim (by reservation only)
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Recreational Swim (by reservation only)
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
|Activities||Recreation Pool||Therapy Pool||Programs|
|Adult Lap Swim||Outdoor (4 lanes)||Indoor||Competitive Swim Team|
|Recreational Swim||Covered||Heated Pool (~92 deg.)||Special Olympic Swim Team|
|Beach Entry||3- to 6-feet deep||Swim Lessons|
|Water Toys||Bench with Jets||Adaptive Swim|
|Walking Channel||Hand Rails||Arthritis Aquatic Program|
|*Public WiFi Available||Heated Deck||Two Types of Lifts||Aquatic Fitness|