Once again, residents can recycle their Christmas trees through the City of Tucson’s TreeCycle Program. The program begins on Sunday, December 26, 2021 and continues through Monday, January 17, 2022. TreeCycle sites are located throughout Tucson and Oro Valley (see list of TreeCycle sites below).
Your Christmas tree is a sustainable resource. Remove everything from the tree, including the stand, lights, ornaments, wire, and tinsel, before dropping off at the TreeCycle sites. Also remember to Tree Pool and bring your neighbor’s tree — fewer trips means cleaner air.
The City of Tucson will grind Christmas trees and use it for compost.
For more Information, take a look at the TreeCycle Poster
The following TreeCycle sites are open during daylight hours, seven days a week (unless noted):
- Oro Valley Naranja Park, 810 W. Naranja Dr.
- Tank's Speedway Recycling & Landfill Facility, 7301 E Speedway (turn north on Prudence Rd., Open Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.; Saturday, 7 a.m. - 2 p.m.)
- Golf Links Sports Park, 2400 S. Craycroft Rd.
- Tucson Rodeo Grounds, on 3rd Ave. (3rd Ave North of Irvington Rd.)
- Los Reales Landfill, 5300 E. Los Reales Rd. (Entrance is at intersection of Craycroft Rd. & Los Reales Rd., follow signs; Monday-Saturday, 6 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- Tank's Ina Land Reclamation Facility, 5300 W Ina Rd. (1/4 mile west of I-10, Open Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., Saturday 7 a.m. - 2 p.m.)
- Purple Heart Park, 9820 E. Rees Loop (near dog park).
- Randolph Golf Course, 600 S. Alvernon Way, (Southeast corner of parking lot)
- Joaquin Murrieta Park, 1400 N. Silverbell Rd. (use East entrance, turn north from Speedway onto El Rio Dr.)
IMPORTANT: The City of Tucson will not collect Christmas trees from curbs and alleys. Other green waste cannot be accepted at TreeCycle. Commercial tree lot overages are not accepted at TreeCycle sites, except for Los Reales Landfill at posted landfill rates.
Questions? Call the Recycling InfoLine at 791-5000