Once again, residents can recycle their Christmas trees through the City of Tucson’s TreeCycle Program. The program begins on Thursday, December 26, 2019 and continues through Sunday, January 12, 2020. TreeCycle sites are located throughout Tucson and Oro Valley (see list of TreeCycle sites below).
Your Christmas tree is a sustainable resource. Remove everything from the tree, including the stand, before dropping off at the TreeCycle sites. They cannot mulch stands, ornaments, wire, tinsel, etc. Also remember to Tree Pool and bring your neighbor’s tree — fewer trips means cleaner air.
The City of Tucson will grind Christmas trees and will have chips available to the public at the Los Reales Landfill after January 5, 2020. Bring your own container and take home free wood chips for your garden.
For more Information, take a look at the TreeCycle Poster
The following TreeCycle sites are open during daylight hours, seven days a week (unless noted):
- Oro Valley Naranja Park, 810 W. Naranja Dr., (Only open through Jan 5, 2020)
- Tank's Speedway Recycling & Landfill Facility, 7301 E Speedway (turn north on Prudence Rd., Open Monday - Friday, 7 am - 4 pm; Saturday, 7 am - 2 pm)
- Golf Links Sports Park, 2400 S. Craycroft Rd.
- Tucson Rodeo Grounds, on 3rd Ave. (3rd Ave North of Irvington Rd.)
- Los Reales Landfill, 5300 E. Los Reales Rd. (Entrance is at intersection of Craycroft Rd. & Los Reales Rd., follow signs; Monday-Saturday, 6 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- Tank's Ina Land Reclamation Facility, 5300 W Ina Rd. (1/4 mile west of I-10, Open Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., Saturday 7 a.m. - 2 p.m.)
- Purple Heart Park, 10050 E. Rita Rd.
- Randolph Golf Course, 600 S. Alvernon Way, (Southeast corner of parking lot)
IMPORTANT: The City of Tucson will not collect Christmas trees from curbs and alleys. Other green waste cannot be accepted at TreeCycle. Commercial tree lot overages are not accepted at TreeCycle sites, except for Los Reales Landfill at posted landfill rates.
Questions? Call the Recycling InfoLine at 791-5000