Once again, residents can recycle their Christmas trees through the City of Tucson’s TreeCycle Program. The program begins on Wednesday, December 26, 2018 and continues through Monday, January 14, 2019. TreeCycle sites are located throughout Tucson and Oro Valley (see list of TreeCycle sites below).
Your Christmas tree is a sustainable resource. Remove everything from the tree, including the stand, before dropping off at the TreeCycle sites. They cannot mulch stands, ornaments, wire, tinsel, etc. Also remember to Tree Pool and bring your neighbor’s tree — fewer trips means cleaner air.
The City of Tucson will grind Christmas trees and will have chips available to the public at the Los Reales Landfill after January 2, 2019. Bring your own container and take home free wood chips for your garden.
For more Information, take a look at the TreeCycle Poster
The following TreeCycle sites are open during daylight hours, seven days a week (unless noted):
- Oro Valley Naranja Park, 810 W. Naranja Dr., (Only open through January 7, 2018)
- Tank's Roll-offs & Recycling, 7301 E Speedway (turn north on Prudence Rd., Open M-F, 7 am - 4 pm; Sat, 7 am - 2 pm; ONLY DURING BUSINESS HOURS
- Golf Links Sports Park, 2400 S. Craycroft Rd. (7 am - 5 pm)
- Tucson Rodeo Grounds, on 3rd Ave. (east of Rodeo Grounds, on S. 3rd Ave.)
- Los Reales Landfill, 5300 E. Los Reales Rd. (Entrance is at intersection of Craycroft Rd. & Los Reales Rd., follow signs) 6am-5pm **Closed Sundays**
- Silverbell Site, (northeast corner of Silverbell Rd. & Goret Rd (follow signs)
- Purple Heart Park, 10050 E. Rita Rd.
- Randolph Golf Course, 600 S. Alvernon Way, (southeast corner of parking lot)
IMPORTANT: The City of Tucson will not collect Christmas trees from curbs and alleys. Other green waste cannot be accepted at TreeCycle. Commercial tree lot overages are not accepted at TreeCycle sites, except for Los Reales Landfill at posted landfill rates.
Questions? Call the Recycling InfoLine at 791-5000