900 S. Randolph Way • Tucson AZ 85716
Georges DeMeester Outdoor Performance Center: 800 S. Concert Place
Cele Peterson Rose Garden: 920 S. Concert Place
Hi Corbett Field: 3400 E. Camino Campestre
Miko's Corner Playground Dog Park: 910 S. Concert Place
Metro Park • 156.2 acres
Park Hours: 6 a.m.-10:30 p.m.
|Amenities||Edith Ball Adaptive Recreation Center||Line Map (PDF)|
|Dog Park||Therapeutic Recreation Center||Sports Map (PDF)|
|Cele Peterson Rose Garden||Hi Corbett Field||Tucson Delivers Projects|
|Park Rx||Barnum Hill|
|Horseshoe Pits||Drinking Fountains|
|Little League Baseball Fields||Benches|
|Georges DeMeester Outdoor Performance Center||Bike Racks|
|Hi Corbett Field|
|Dog Park (Large and Small Dog Areas)|
|Rose Garden and Gazebo|
|Arroyo Chico Greenway: Si Shorr Segment (1.37 mi)(PDF)|
910 S. Concert Place
Hours: 7:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m.
Closed Thursdays 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. for maintenance
Named after Miko, a TPD police dog that lost its life in the line of duty, this dog park's features include lights, three double-entry gates, separate areas for large and small dogs, dog-friendly water fountains, and a ramada with tables.
In response to requests from patrons, there is no smoking allowed in the dog park.
920 S. Concert Place
Hours: 6:30 a.m.-4 p.m. daily. CLOSED
- Subject to closures for event reservations (call 791-4873, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. to inquire about special event closures).
- Closed annually from January 1 through March 31 for pruning and cleaning.
The rose garden was opened in Gene C. Reid Park in 1960 and was originally a test garden through a partnership with the University of Arizona. When the garden opened it had 232 rose beds. Today the Rose Garden contains more than 100 species of roses and 800 individual plants. The Reid Park Rose Garden received the Garden of the Year Award from the American Rose Society's Pacific Southwest District in 2012.
The Rose Garden is maintained by City of Tucson Parks and Recreation in conjunction with volunteers from The Friends of the Reid Park Rose Garden through an ongoing partnership. Volunteers assist park maintenance workers in trimming, watering, feeding, and pruning the roses. The Rose Society of Tucson also has been a partner with the City in the development and promotion of the garden for many years. Donations to the Rose Garden for maintenance and upkeep and can be made through the Tucson Parks Foundation.
On April 23, 2019, the Reid Park rose garden was named for business owner, philanthropist, and Tucson icon, Cele Peterson. Ms. Peterson contributed to Tucson in many ways including leading by example in a wide variety of social causes and founding the Tucson Children's Museum, the Arizona Theater Company, the Arizona Opera, and Casa de los Ninos.
Park Rx is a public health initiative that promotes healthy communities. Park Rx provides a unique patient-provider relationship where providers prescribe nature as a means to develop an exercise routine and use their neighborhood parks to do fun physical activities.
Hi Corbett Field, originally named Randolph Municipal Baseball Park, was built in 1927. Initial home teams include the Tucson Waddies and the Tucson Cowboys of the Arizona State League. In 1931, the Tucson Missions played in the Arizona-Texas League. The team became the Tucson Lizards in 1932. The Tucson Cowboys then occupied the ballpark from 1933 to 1958.
In 1946, the Cleveland Indians moved their spring training operations to Tucson. Hiram Steven Corbett, a long-time Arizona state senator and president of the Tucson Baseball Commission, played a key role in luring the Indians to Tucson. In 1951 the ballpark was renamed in honor of Corbett and has been known as Hi Corbett Field since then. Hi Corbett Field continued to be the home of the Cleveland Indians spring training for 46 years. The Colorado Rockies made Tucson their spring training home from 1993 to 2010. Hi Corbett Field has also been the home of the Class AAA Tucson Toros, Arizona Fall Baseball League Tucson Javelinas, USA Baseball, the National Pro Fastpitch League Arizona Heat, and the Golden Baseball League Tucson Torros.
Today, Hi Corbett Field is home to Arizona Wildcats Baseball.
In 1993, the Tucson Parks Commission unanimously approved naming the large hill between the two lakes in Gene C. Reid Park "Barnum Hill" in memory of Willis E. Barnum (1880-1971). In 1925, Mr. Barnum and his wife, Laura Jane English (1880-1966), financed the purchase of a 480-acre parcel of land which he deeded to the city and is now home to Gene C. Reid Park and Randolph Park today.