The date for the annual wetlands burn is TENTATIVELY Monday, March 4. Sweetwater Wetlands and its parking lots will be completely closed to the public on that day.
- Opens: Approximately sunrise
- Closes: Approximately sunset
- Mondays: Opens to visitors at 9:00 a.m. or when larvicide application is completed.
There have been requests for small events at the wetlands, specifically at the gazebo that overlooks the serene water and vegetation. Tucson Water supports everyone's enjoyment of Sweetwater Wetlands as long as the following guidelines are respected:
- Do not feed the wildlife.
- No dogs, bicycle riding, or fishing are allowed.
- Glass containers and alcohol are prohibited.
- Do not play music.
- Do not damage park facilities or leave litter behind.
- Do not interfere with wildlife or other guests’ activities.
- Be mindful of surroundings and cautious, especially with children around.
- Stay out of the water.