City of Tucson Summer 2015 - Lifeguard Recruitment Process
To apply or attend one of the screenings an individual must hold current certifications in American Red Cross Lifeguarding, First Aid, and CPR/FPR certificates. All lifeguard screenings will be held at Catalina High School Pool, 2005 N. Dodge Blvd., 791-4245. Bring all certifications to screening.
• Tuesday, Dec. 23 , 2014 at 3pm (with CPR/FPR challenge beginning at 1pm) - NEW DATE -
• Saturday, March 7 at 9am (with CPR/FPR challenge beginning at 8am)
• Saturday, April 4 at 9am (with CPR/FPR challenge beginning at 8am)
• Saturday, May 2 at 9am (with CPR/FPR challenge beginning at 8am)
Also bring W.S.I. certification (if applicable), swimsuit and towel. Applicant should have knowledge of contact skills, including defenses, approaches, escapes, carries without equipment, ability to turn c-spine victims in deep water and swim to side 30’ without equipment. Screening consists of rescue skills, swimming, first aid and CPR in practical and oral interviews. If participating in CPR challenge, bring pocket mask. If you do not have a pocket mask, you may purchase one on site for $15.
Note: CPR/FPR review/challenge $20.
Commemorative Trees available at Pantano River Park
Tucson Clean & Beautiful, in cooperation with the City of Tucson and Pima County, announce the availability of commemorative trees along the Pantano River Park. Commemorative trees are available for purchase through Tucson Clean & Beautiful for $225 each, including the tree, irrigation lines and number marker installation, name dedication at a commemorative plaza, dedication certificate and guaranteed replacement. Tree dedications are partially tax-deductible. Trees may be purchased for dedication to honor or remember any friend or family member for special occasions.
Attention program registrants
The automated phone system (573-EZEE) is no longer available for registration. Registration will only be available through the Internet at EZEEreg.com or you may register live over the phone beginning the Wednesday after initial registration.
Tucson Parks and Recreation has locations throughout the City with public access computers that will be available for use for registration. Locations scheduled to be open during registration Saturdays are:
Please call 791-4877 with any comments or concerns.
Parks and Recreation Discount Program
Parks and Recreation Discount Program offers a 50% discount for select programs and 25% discount for passes for qualifying participants on specific programs and passes. The program is in accordance with the Department’s Revenue and Pricing Policy adopted by Mayor and Council. The program benefits City of Tucson residents who provide documented proof of city residency, household size and household income.
2015 DISCOUNT-QUALIFYING PROGRAMS INCLUDE: Service Levels 1 & 2 programming
50% discount eligible-programs
- KIDCO (school-year/summer)
- Teen Programs (Jr. Leadership, IBC)
- Therapeutic Recreation
- Group Learn-to-Swim Lessons
25% discount eligible-passes
- Swimming Passes (multi use/seasonal)
- Recreation Center Memberships (Quarterly, Annual, Walking)
- Basic Senior Recreation (activity cards)
DISCOUNT PROGRAM APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:
- Class Registration Services: 900 South Randolph, 791-4877
- East District Office: 7575 E. Speedway Blvd., 791-5934
- Archer Center: 791-4355
- Adaptive Rec Center: 791-5643
- Armory Center: 791-4865
- Clements Center: 791-5787
- El Pueblo Center: 791-5155
- El Rio Center: 791-4683
- Freedom Center: 791-4969
- Northwest Center: 791-3247
- Quincie Douglas: 791-2507
- Randolph Center: 791-4560
- Santa Rosa Center: 791-4589
- Udall Center: 791-4931
Parks and Recreation
Parks & Recreation
Parks and Rec
, parks and recreation department, parks and recreation discount program,
learn more about parks and recreation
, tucson parks, city park