The City of Tucson is currently accepting special event applications for fall 2021 through spring/summer 2022 events. All requests are being processed in the order they are received to ensure venue availability without conflicts. Event applications should be submitted at least 60 days in advance, but not more than one year before the event date. Applications submitted within 30 days of an event may not be accepted.
Events need to comply with Pima County Health Department guildelines.
For specific questions regarding park-based events, call 520-837-8043 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you had applied for a special event during the past year, your application was retained and we will be contacting you soon with further instructions. Thank you for your patience.
Tucson is home to many great special events including the Tucson Rodeo Parade, 4th Avenue Street Fair, St. Patrick's Day celebration, El Tour de Tucson, and the All Souls Procession.
This Special Event webpage is intended to assist event organizers in planning their unique events.
- Application (Download the PDF and "Save As" before entering information.)
- Insurance Requirements (PDF)
- Insurance Quote Request form (Download the PDF and "Save As" before entering information.)
Parks and Recreation (520-791-4873)
- Parks and Facilities
- Equipment Request form (Download the PDF and "Save As" before entering information.)
Tucson Fire Department (520-791-4502)
- Operational Permit (Download the PDF and "Save As" before entering information. Select "Special Event.")
- Tent Requirements (PDF)
- Cooking Booths (PDF)
Street Closures (DTM, 520-791-5100)
Sun Link Streetcar (520-791-3333)
- Track Access policy (PDF)
- Track Access Request form (Download the PDF and "Save As" before entering information.)
- Special Event Liquor License (City of Tucson and State of Arizona, 520-791-4213)
- Extension of Premises (City of Tucson, 520-791-4213)
- Special Event Liquor License Planning Guide (PDF, State of Arizona, 602-542-5141)
- Arizona Revised Statutes 13-3729
- Federal Code of Regulations Title 14, Part 107
- FAA News Summary of Small Unmanned Aircraft Rule (Part 107) (PDF)
- Off-Duty Police (Tucson Police Department, 520-791-4855)
- Emergency Operations Plan template (Download the Word document and "Save As" before entering information.)
- Business License and Tax Information (520-791-4566)
- Selling or Giving Away Food (Pima County Health Department Permitting and Inspections, 520-724-7770)
- Tucson Noise Ordinance
- Garbage and Recycling Services (City of Tucson Environmental Services, 520-791-3171)
- Festivals and Events Association of Tucson and Southern Arizona (FEATSAZ)
- Visit Tucson Community Events Calendar